Approaching its 30th year in business, the evolution of the present Cencorp Corporation has been long and varied. The foundations of Cencorp can be traced back to 1948, when the Finnish company, Evox Ltd was established. The company was to build upon its foundations.
1978 – Colorado Engineering Corporation (Cencorp Inc.) was established in Longmont, Denver, USA.
1986 – The first assembly cell for odd-form components was manufactured.
1989 – Mr Markku Jokela acquired Evox’s automation business and the company was re-established as PMJ Automec Corporation.
1994 – The first modular production cell (HiSAC – High Speed Assembly Cell) was launched.
1995 – The second HiSAC generation launched.
1998 – PMJ Automec shares were listed in the Helsinki stock exchange. The third HiSAC generation launched.
1999 – PMJ Automec Corporation acquired both Cencorp and Salon Hannu Seppälä, a Finnish company specializing in test handling and manufacturing test adaptors.
21st century – At the beginning of the new Millenium, Cencorp launched several innovative platforms (the MLT 1000 test platform in 2001, the Cencorp 1000 process platform in 2003 and the MLT 2000 test platform in 2004).
2005 – The company name was changed to Cencorp Corporation.
2009 – Savcor Group became Cencorp’s major shareholder.
2014 – FTTK Company Limited acquired 100% shareholding in the electronics automation business of Cencorp